Best Foot Massager Machines Reviews and Comparison 2017
Our feet are the most overworked part of the body. It just can't be helped as its our way for transportation. Just imagine our weight pressing all that nerve under the feet each passing day. There's bound to be poor circulation without proper care. With that, distribution of nutrients and bodily function just won't work right. This is why people tend to improve their mood right after a massage.
Foot massages are treatments that have been practiced for centuries in many cultures. It is considered in modern medicine as an alternative treatment that not only boosts general health and rehabilitates injuries but also reduces anxiety, stress and relieves pain. Having a good foot massager machine will be a great start for your ticket to good health.
Short Foot Massage: Relaxing and Beneficial
An ideal length of foot massage will be about 15 minutes a day. This is the optimal time when the stiffness of your feet starts to loosen up. It's also the reason why most foot massager machines auto shuts off by that time. You can do a foot massage on your own but it's going to be pretty tiring after a while. A machine will also be more methodical thus increase its effectiveness.
There are of course professionals out there that can give great therapeutic massage which helps relax the joints and muscles. The use of aromatherapy with essential oils while adding serene music in a foot therapy can provide an amazing experience which can also have positive effects on the function of a person’s internal organs. There's an article here about the importance of carrier oils if you need more information.
However, in order to keep cost low in the long run, you would want a foot massage machine that provides this kind of self-massage without having to head or minimizing your visit to a reflexologist or massage therapist. You will find that in most cases the cost and convenience itself is worth it.
Four Top Foot Massagers Reviewed
I'll introduce four of the top foot massagers and list each one’s Pros and Cons to make your decision easier.
Looking for something more budget friendly? Then there are more alternatives by Clicking Here.
Brookstone Shiatsu Foot Massager with Heat
The Brookstone Shiatsu Foot Massager has great deep-kneading rollers that take the tension from your toes. Massages your soles to leave you with immense satisfaction and complete relaxation. It comes with three automatic massaging programs -pulse, soothe and energizer - with two intensity levels as well. The intensity levels can be used in conjunction with heat, which is great in making any massage more receptive and relaxing. It uses air compression for that renewed feeling of your feet.
• Able to alleviate muscle pain around the feet
• Relieves fatigued feet and tension
• Can improve circulation
• Built-in cord that is retractable
• Compact design for easy storage and use
• Comes with a washable protective covering
• Heat Function can be underwhelming
• Makes a squishy noise at times that could put off some users
MediMassager Speed Foot Massage
This whisper-quiet MediMassager could very well be the best foot massager available in the market at this time. It's so good that it's actually recommended and being used by therapists and doctors. This electric foot massager gives you the option of choosing between eleven speeds, giving you maximum control and comfort with choices ranging from 1,000 rpm to 3,700 rpm. Initially, this was only available for clinical and therapeutic use, but now anyone who spends a lot of time on their feet or has severe circulation issues can purchase it. In short, its available to the public. It is ergonomically designed at optimal angles for use during a foot massage so that it can alleviate joint pain, ease muscle tension and stimulate local circulation.
• Incredibly quiet motors
• Excellent for Plantar Fasciitis sufferers
• Extendable warranty for up to 3 years
• Is actually CSA Certified
• Rugged and reliable
• Used by Therapists and Doctors
• Oscillating Foot Pad
• 11 speeds at 1,000 – 3,700 rpm
• Great for diabetic and neuropathy patients
• A bit more expensive than other foot massager machines
3Q MG-F18 Foot Massager with Heat
Multi-functional is a good word to describe the 3Q MG-F18 Foot Massager. It has heated air pressure, kneading and shiatsu massage rolled into one great machine. This foot massager can give you a massage that covers all the vital acupuncture points in your feet. While some people complain that there's a significant jump of intensity at the highest setting for the air pressure, it might be better to stay at the medium or low setting for comfort. This is definitely a great massager for those tight and aching muscles surrounding your feet. As long as you don't overused it, the massage it gives can be pleasing and effective.
• Auto turns off after fifteen minutes function which helps avoid over massaging your feet
• Has manual and pre-programmed modes
• Three intensity levels for air massage
• Relaxing shiatsu and kneading massage
• Great heating feature
• Does not do much for the heel of your feet
• Does not rub sides of the feet
• Could result in sore bottoms of your feet if overused
uComfy Shiatsu Foot Massager with Heat
The uComfy massage will give you the feeling that very strong, small little hand is massaging your feet. It gives a strong, powerful foot massage with five intensity levels, which can easily be changed on the control panel. As soon as intensity levels are adjusted, it makes a difference to the tightness and the air pressure of the massages around your feet. It is ergonomically designed and an ultra-classy looking device. The warmth it provides to your feet can be therapeutic in such a way as to remove aches and swelling. It also has an acupressure setting that targets the perfect pressure points for that ultimate foot massage.
• There are five intensity levels according to your preference
• Heat function is just right
• Acupressure massage to target pressure points in your feet
• Reflexology principled
• Actually massages the top and bottom of your feet!
• Shiatsu-like massage function
Four Great Budget Friendly Foot Massagers
There are excellent foot massagers with great functionality that are very affordable and we took the initiative to research the web and provide the proper assessment of which one are great and budget-friendly.
Orion Motor Tech Electric Shiatsu
This Orion model is a rolling and kneading massager that relieves fatigue and tension in both calves and feet. Its movement is excellent for blood circulation and it's not surprising if you see the relaxing effects to your whole body as well. The massage is both smooth and powerful with the user feeling free from tension and anxiety in one single massage. The intensity levels are adjusted via the control panel depending on which of the four pressure levels you desire. By lying down and putting your legs in it, it can give one great calf massage. It gives a great Shiatsu massage and even has lots of foot reflexology program to help relieve stress and tension in different parts of your body. There's actually a manual that tells you which setting targets specific points.
• The velour fabric can easily be detached and machine washable
• Multi-purpose - can give calf and foot massage
• Surprisingly heavy and durable for something cheap
• True emulation of Shiatsu massage technique
• Uncomfortable when a calve’s diameter is larger than five-inches
• There is no heating feature
• Remote Control needs to be close to the unit to work
The HoMedics FMS-200H is an excellent full foot massager that truly simulates a traditional massage by giving a deep kneading massage. This is complimented with the choice of combining four different massage heads that creates a rotating action. This classy and sleek foot massager can be used with or without heat, with the heat action being ideal for muscle pain relief. There is no need to lean over to control the foot massager as it uses innovative toe-touch control. The four massage heads each have three nodes integrated to truly give the ultimate foot massage. Set the timer for the massage length and it switches off automatically, allowing you to relax without excessively using it.
• Very quiet to promote better relaxation
• Easily massages calves when adjusted
• Convenient toe-touch controlling
• Counter-rotating massaging heads
• Heat can be turned on and off while using the massage functions
• A larger person would find it too small and narrow
• Regular use causes the cloth covering to wear quickly
Inerzen Multifunction Feet Relaxer
Inerzen Multifunction Feet Relaxer truly lives up to its name by being "multifunctional". It can give a shiatsu massage along with kneading, heat, air pressure and sterilization(a mode that helps keep your feet clean). This provides a relaxing massage while sitting in your own home or office. It easily and speedily stimulates all the essential reflexology pressure points and uses the well-known techniques to massage one’s feet so that stress is removed. You will find that you may have a better sleep and increased blood flow, plus many other parts of your body will feel significantly better. It has three Shiatsu massaging capabilities with three strengths, from soft, medium, and hard.
• Wraps around your feet and gives a great massage
• Feels lightweight but pretty sturdy
• Medium setting can even be too intense for some people
• Rollers can feel a bit "pointy". Best to use with a sock
The Beurer FM60 Massager is a great foot massager and it does a good job of being a physical therapy machine as well. It's quite lightweight and portable that you could bring it anywhere and get benefits like improvements in the body metabolism, immune system, blood cinculation and clogged blood vessels. As long as there's an outlet of course. It comes with 18 rotating massage beads for a deeper massage action. This foot massager comes with an adjustable peg at the bottom so that you could tilt your feet in a comfortable position.
• Lightweight at approximately 7 pounds
• Surface has a pretty comfortable fabric
• Can hit all angles of your feet at once
• Healing effect noticeable in a few minutes
• Heat might be a bit weak for some people
• Massage can get quite deep
Benefits of Foot Massagers
The perfect foot massager has many more benefits than only giving you a cheap massage in the comfort of your own home. A quality product ensures that pain will be relieved and additionally be able to mimic the movements of those expensive therapies and reflexologists. Although we all know it has benefits of relaxation, here are some of its effect that has been supported by doctors and researchers in the field.
• Beneficial to Plantar Fasciitis and Flat Feet Sufferers – Plantar Fasciitis causes continuous pain in the heel due to deterioration and inflammation, but with regular massage and foot exercises the condition can become less severe and painful. If you have flat feet, it is probably due to ligament laxity(loose ligaments) which can result in a collapsed arch. It's not a major condition but it can be inconvenient as a mild physical activity can trigger some pain.
• Edema Reduction around the Feet – Edema which occurs mostly in females manifest as painful swollen feet and legs due to fluid retention. This is very common to them as they love to wear high heels and this usually leads to thrombophlebitis (blood clot in the vein). Apart from diet and rest, a daily massage can be beneficial.
• Excellent Circulation – inactive people and anyone with a sedentary lifestyle, regardless of whether it is due to sitting behind a desk all day or other reasons, use their muscles much less. Apart from other muscles and joints, feet muscles suffer tremendously as well. A regular foot massage can help loosen it up.
• Relaxation and Tranquility–your feet have an important point called solar plexus reflex. Pressing and massaging a solar plexus brings deep relaxation, reduces pain, and promotes a greater state of tranquility.
• Rejuvenated Energy – foot massaging is one of the massages that is incredibly restorative as the individual gets a tremendous energy boost. Studies on reflexology have determined that during a foot massage stored energy is released when feet are palpitated and rubbed.
• Cleansing – limited blood flow is present when a person is stressed and less blood circulates in the body. This denies the transport of nutrients and oxygen to all the cells. At the same time, a decreased blood flow means more toxins and waste in the blood stream, putting the body in a very unhealthy state, but a foot massage can immediately promote increased blood flow, resulting in additional nutrients and oxygen as well as the rid of harmful toxins.
• Prevents Ankle and Foot Injuries – massages after a foot injury is perfect for decreasing pain and can even aid in the healing of the injured area. Athletes should be aware that stretching and strengthening exercises are extremely important before diving into their main activity. This way, it will reduce any possible cramps that may trigger while making the feet/ankles flexible and stronger.
I hope you find the reviews listed here useful and that it allows you to make a proper comparison of what is best to fit your needs and budget. The top four, which are the more expensive foot massagers currently available, are still not the most expensive, yet when I scoured the web for you I found them to be unparalleled for the various needs and requirements that would suit most individuals. My top choice, which was a difficult one to make, would be the MediMassager. My choice of the last four, which are those that are suitable for any budget and have great qualities depending on individual needs but are not looking to spend too much, would be the Beurer FM60. If you're looking for the best massage chairs, then visit our homepage.