Great Massages You Can Do For Yourself
Did you know that you can carry out your own massage? Sure, it won’t be as extensive as the type of massage you would get by heading to a masseuse. It won’t even be as brilliant as a massage that you can get in a massage chair. It will, however, make you feel brilliant in a flash. They aren’t even that difficult to perform, either. Here is a list of some great massages that you can do for yourself!
For this massage, you are going to need nothing more than a tennis ball. However, you can get dedicated ‘foot massage’ balls if you want. They are slightly spiked which provide a better massage.
In order to perform this particular massage, you will want to put the ball underneath your foot. Now, using a very firm amount of pressure, you will want to roll the ball from the heel of your foot to the toe.
Dealing with tension headaches
This is another exercise which you can perform with just a tennis ball. In fact, you will need two tennis balls, so best buy a multipack!
Start by holding a tennis ball in each hand. It should be placed between the forefinger and your thumb. Place your hands behind your head. The tennis balls should be located at the base of your skull. Move your head from side to side in order to get that massage and, ultimately, relief from those tension headaches.
If you are sitting down for long periods of time, then it is likely that there will be a lot of pressure on your knees. This can cause a great deal of discomfort. This particular knee massage is designed to provide fast relief from knots in the leg muscles:
1. Get in a seated position. Unbend your leg so your muscles are not tense.
2. Find the area of your knee where it hurts. Using your knuckle, massage gently for about 10 seconds.
3. Bend your knee and straighten it. Bend your knee and straighten it again.
4. Repeat this massage 3 times for every knot in your knee.
This particular massage is great for those who are constantly carrying out manual labor, or if they are seated at a computer for long periods of time. You should perform this massage at least once a day. It will provide you with a surprising amount of relief:
1. Start by holding your arm out. Keep your palm up.
2. Cup the elbow of the opposite arm.
3. Flip the arm you are gripping. Your palm should now be facing the floor.
4. Continue this motion as you move your ‘gripping’ hand up and down the arm being massaged.
It is important that you do not try to grip too hard when you are carrying out this exercise. It will actually end up causing you a whole lot more pain, which is never going to be a good thing!