How To Make Chocolate Massage Bars: A Decadent Natural Beauty Product for Chocolate Lovers Everywhere
- 275 grams Olive oil
- 70 grams Beeswax
- 50 grams Shea butter
- 50 grams Jojoba oil
- 30 grams of good quality dark chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon flavour essence of your choice
- Deodorant tubes or a flat tray or an ice cube tray
- Aluminium foil (if the flat tray or ice cube tray is used)
- Microwave the olive oil, chocolate, shea butter and jojoba oil on HIGH for 40 seconds. If the chocolate has not melted then continue to microwave the lot on MEDIUM heat in 30 second intervals until it has all completely melted. Stir well each time that you microwave it. Sometimes it looks like the chocolate is not melting. But once you start to stir it, the heat is incorporated all the way through evenly.
- Transfer it now to a small saucepan and add the beeswax. Gently heat this until the beeswax has completely dissolved. Be careful to keep the heat low as the beeswax may burn which will ruin the natural honey scent that it imparts to the end product.
- Add your flavour essence now. This will scent your product. Any flavour that you like the smell of can be added. Some perennial favourites include: peppermint, strawberry and orange. Vanilla, coffee, honey and hazelnut are also very nice. But it all boils down to what ever may tickle your fancy.
- If you are using deodorant tubes then simply pour your product in now and cap it. Allow them to set naturally or pop them into the refrigerator to hasten the process. If you do not have any deodorant tubes then a small, flat baking tray can be used. Alternatively, you can use any small square or rectangular container so long as it has sides high enough to contain your product. Line the tray with baking paper or spray with oil. Pour in your product and pop into the refrigerator to set. Once it is set, cut it up into manageable sizes and wrap in aluminium foil. Now it is ready for use. If you are using the ice cube tray, then spray it with oil before you pour. Once again, pop it into the refrigerator to set. Then wrap the individual cubes in aluminium foil.
This natural product is great to give as unique gifts at Christmas time. Or alternatively, you could make up a batch to sell as novel Valentine’s Day gifts. It even makes a great, but heavy, moisturiser that is especially good for softening rough elbows or cracked heels.